LED Landscape Lights: Beyond the Spotlight


Landscape Lighting has been around for a long time; line voltage (120 volt) landscape lighting has been around since Edison invented the incandescent bulb, with Low voltage landscape lighting coming later. Despite the age difference, low voltage is becoming more popular and LED low voltage landscape lighting in particular is gaining in popularity every day, especially since it's so easy to install. Spotlights have always been the go-to fixture for outdoors; you can accent architectural features, trees, bushes, retaining walls and so on.



But modern landscape lighting has evolved beyond the spotlight. New fixtures enter the market each year and two of my favorite are the LED hardscape light and the paver embedded LED. Hardscape lights are great for under the coping of a landscape wall or pillar:


I also like using hardscape lights under the counter top of outdoor kitchens and bars:


Another great new LED landscape light is the embedded paver LED. These look great in driveways, walkways or just for an accent in a patio. Once the paver is cored the LED is simply pounded in and wired and you've a got a great looking and long lasting light.


Hardscape lights and embedded LEDs are two new fixtures that will add a lot of night time radiance and interest to your outdoors. They're easy to install and in many cases are warrantied for 15 years.


2 comments:

  1. Hey friend. I think your site is very interesting for me, your site give me some important information, thanks a lot!

    Portable LED flood lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a neighbor that has landscape lighting and it always makes their home look so nice! I think it's great to have it in other places besides just on the house. I want to get some for my yard so that when we have parties with friends it's not hard to see. I think it will also look great in my garden! http://www.jfelectricalcontractors.com/commercial_electrical_services.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I encourage questions and feedback.